Join us Sunday May 5, 2019 in downtown Houston for The Walk to END Lupus NOW, featuring a Certified 5K Run & Yoga.
Proceeds from this event support programs such as Education and Outreach, Direct Services, Research and overall support of the lupus community in the Texas Gulf Coast Region.
Multiply Your Power
Join supporters from the entire Texas Gulf Coast region to help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus. Our annual Walk to END Lupus Now is a half day of fun with food and activities for the entire family including the family pup!
Why should you participate in the Walk to END Lupus Now & 5K Run?
- More than 1.5 million Americans have lupus. In Houston, over 30,000 people are living with lupus.
- The effects on individuals with lupus and their family and friends can be life diminishing, chronic and life-threatening.
- Lupus has no known cause and cannot be cured. It is one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed diseases in the world.
Join us and help bring hope to millions of individuals affected by lupus.
Get started today!
- Register to participate.
- Set a personal fundraising goal.
- Form a Team and find a creative team name. Walking with a team is much more fun and makes it easier to raise money.
- Start raising funds and awareness. Set up a personal page online to email to friends, family and more. Don't forget about social networking media! Let everyone know you are participating in the Walk to END Lupus Now, 5K Run & Yoga and ask for their support.
- Make the big day unforgettable with your friends, family, team and the rest of the Lupus community on May 5, 2019. Rain or shine, we’ll be there!
- After the event, post your photos on your Facebook page and share your experience with all your friends. Everyone has until July 31, 2019 to continue raising funds.
- Win great prizes throughout the fundraising season including individual and team awards on the big day!
5K RUN (view route map)
- Time-chipped official 5K certified course.
- First 200 Runners to Register receive an official 2019 5K Tech Runner Tank.
- All 5K race finishers receive a medal.
- Prizes for age and gender categories.
We are excited to continue our yoga program this year. Join us at the starting line after the walkers take off to invigorate your body and relax your mind. Yoga registrants also receive an official 2019 Walk TShirt and Swag Bag.
SPONSOR A TEAM FOR YOUR COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION!
Sponsor a team for a family-friendly team-building activity for your club, organization or company! Email us at email@example.com for more details and how we can make your experience unforgettable!
OPTIONAL EARLY TSHIRT PICKUP: If you've registered to walk, run or yoga, we invite you to pickup your T-shirt, Wristband and/or Runner's Bib at one of our early pickup locations. Alternatively you may pickup at check-in on the morning of the event beginning at 7am. Please note you must be registered by 5PM the day prior OR bring your PRINTED confirmation receipt. (If you've registered as a virtual walker and have decided to attend, email us for information on converting to a participant option!)
Thu May 2 at 11am - 5pm: California Pizza Kitchen Galleria (1705-A Post Oak Blvd) *See flyer below to give back to the LFA during Pizza with a Purpose at CPK!
Fri May 3 at 11am-5pm: Run On! by JackRabbit - 2012 W. Gray Street, Unit H0D Houston, TX. 77019 - (713) 487-2111
Sat May 4 at 9am-2pm: Houston Gymnastic Academy - 5804 S. Rice Avenue, Houston, TX. 77081 - (713) 668-6001
Free Parking on Sunday in Downtown Houston