Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas – Three States, One Mission: To End Lupus Now!
Join us — In-Person! — for the Walk to End Lupus Now!
We are so excited to welcome our in person walks back again!
Time: 9 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: Shawnee Mission Park- Theatre in the Park
7710 Renner Rd, Shawnee, KS 66219
Free parking is available in front of the Pavilion
ROAD CLOSURE ALERT:
Southbound I-435 entrance ramp and northbound
I-435 exit ramp at 87th St. Pkwy. to close next week
The southbound I-435 entrance ramp from 87th Street Parkway and the northbound I-435 exit ramp onto 87th Street Parkway are both scheduled to close next week, for about 30 days. The southbound I-435 entrance ramp is tentatively scheduled to close at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 22, 2022. The northbound exit ramp is planned to close at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, August 23, 2022.
SOUTHBOUND I-435 DETOUR: A marked detour route will be provided via southbound Renner Boulevard to I-435 entrance ramp near 95th Street.
NORTHBOUND I-435 DETOUR: A marked detour will be provided via northbound I-435 to westbound 95th Street to northbound Renner Boulevard to 87th Street Parkway.
Please map below for detours.
Schedule & Activities
9:00 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.
Pavilion at Theatre in the Park
- Check-in, turn in donations, & T-Shirt Pick Up (only walkers who are picking up their T-Shirt or turning in donations need to check-in)
- Meet our sponsors and exhibitors
- Purchase lupus merchandise
- FLU Shots provided by Walgreens
- Take a pic in our selfie booth
- Face painters, balloon art, games and more ($5.00 donation- cash only)
- Visit and get a signed autograph from Kansas City Chief's Mascot, KC Wolf 9-10am
- Shaved ice from Kona Ice
- Free Buntinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes
10:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Opening Ceremonies at the stage
- Presentation of Trailblazer Medals
10:30 a.m. Walk Begins- 11:30 a.m. Walk Concludes
- Walk 1-mile (.5 miles out and back)
- OR walk any of the trails in the park (please note any longer walks are unsupported, so bring along water!)
- The park and walking trails will be open to the public so please be curteous to others and stay to the right of the center line and yield to runners and cyclists.
- Strollers and pets on a short leash are welcome. Please clean up after your pets. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE PAVILION AREA
- We walk, rain or shine.
- Don't forget the sunscreen!
- There will be a limited amount of food and water available so bring along a water bottle, snacks, drinks, or a picnic lunch.
Walk T-Shirts & Prizes
- Walkers who raise $100 or more by September 12, 2022, will receive their 2022 Walk T-Shirt at the check-in area. Walkers who raise $100 or more after this date will receive their T-Shirt in the mail a month after the Walk. All other prizes will be mailed.
- Please note that prizes are for INDIVIDUAL fundraising totals, not team totals.
Don’t Miss Out! REGISTER today and start fundraising.