Join me as I participate in Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now™ in Charlotte to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
- Prior to 2011: isolated incidents of broken bones, cysts and illness
- December 2011: Beginning of skin rash which was originally thought to be Hives
- July 2012: Rash still had not gone away and was getting worse. A skin biopsy confirmed an autoimmune related rash
- October 2012: Rushed to the Er for a hemoglobin level of 5. Spleen was destroying my red blood cells.
- November 2012: First trip to the rhuematologist
- February 2013: Diagnosed with Lupus
- May 2013: Gallbladder and Spleen removed
- November 2013: Kidney Biopsy revealed Lupus Nephritis stage 3 and 5
- December 2013: Internal bleeding from Kidney Biopsy
- February 2014: 1st surgery for fluid accumulation in Heart and Lungs
- April 2014: 2nd surgery for fluid accumulation in Heart and Lungs
- April 2014: Surgery for infection caused by previous surgery
- May 2014, November 2014, May 2015, November 2015, July 2016, February 2017, August 2017: Chemotherapy
- January 2017: Blood Clots in the lung
- October 2017: Lupus Flare (dizziness, uncontrolled Lupus Nephritis, fatigue)
- Join my team! Fundraise online
- Attend Tijuana Flats Fundraiser on March 21 5pm - 9pm (8926 J M Keynes Dr, Ste B, Charlotte, NC 28262)
- Donate individually to Aileen's personal page (http://chapters.lupus.org/site/TR/WTELN/LFANorthCarolinaChapter?team_id=6463&pg=team&fr_id=1532)
- Looking to host an event: Would you like to host a restaurant fundraiser? Want to host a fundraiser at your church? Want me to come to your school/organization? I am always looking for new ways to spread the word about Lupus. It's important to educate others on Lupus and I am happy to come out to events to speak and mingle. Feel free to send me an email or call me with your ideas! (Yes, I am happy to travel to other cities)
- Offline Donations: Many individuals prefer to send checks directly to the Lupus Foundation of America, NC Chapter. You can totally do that! Contact me for details.
- Share, Share, Share: You can share my link on Facebook. You can share my emails with others who might be interested. We need to get the word out together. Choose a method of support that feels comfortable for you!
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!