I’m Walking to End Lupus. Join Me?
I am walking in honor of the life of Catherleen Nicole "Puddin" Terry, and all those in our lives affected by, fighting, and living with Lupus, including my MOM.
I have seen many ways that Lupus can affect people. And it's not the same for each person.
- I first became aware of Lupus when my mother was diagnosed when I was 12. Which eventually led to a series of hospitlizations, a stroke and a year long stintin the hospital where we almost lost her. 21 years and a series of other illnesses her lowered immune system opened her up to later, she is still FIGHTING. And although she sees numerous medical professional each month she continues to persevere. I love her with my whole heart and she is my hero.
- I walk to honor the life of my cousin Catherleen Nicole "Puddin" Terry. She was one of the best people I have ever known. Everyone loved her spirit and her general will for life. Unfortunately, the numerous complications from her battle with Lupus including needing a kidney transfer led to her passing in 2010 at the young age of 28.
- I also have an aunt, great aunt and more who are fighting, surviving and continuing to live with Lupus each day.
These are my warrior women. And they are why this is so important to me.
Imagine a day when doctors can say, “There is a cure for lupus.” Until that day though, there is work to be done. That’s why I’m taking action in the fight against lupus. Join me as I participate in the Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now™ in Memphis to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you make a donation to help me reach my personal fundraising goal and support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus? A generous contribution of $5, $10, $25 or $50 can make a definite impact. What’s more, if your employer offers a Matching Gift Program to employees, you may be able to double your contribution with just a little bit of paperwork. Trust me, it’s worth the effort! Every dollar counts. There are no small donations.
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!