Welcome to our fundraising team page.
Imagine a day when doctors can say, "There is a cure for lupus". Until that day though, there is work to be done. That's why we are taking action in the fight against lupus. Join us as we participate in the Lupus Foundation of America's Walk to End Lupus Now! in [city] to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you join our team and help us reach our fundraising goal? You’ll be supporting the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus. You can also support by making a secure contribution on our walk page. Every single dollar counts!
My Personal Story
- I was diagnosed with Lupus on April 18th, 2018
- After a relapse in chronic hives that lasted months and a trip to the hospital, we finally found our answer
- Lupus has left me with 30% of my hearing in my right ear
- Arthritis, chronic uticaria, vertigo, chronic fatigue, fevers and more are what make up my lupus
- Because there is no medication specifically for Lupus, I take an antimalarial that helps, but isn't a cure
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Join our team today and support our efforts!