WOW is Walking to End Lupus. Will you join us?
Imagine a day when doctors can say, “There is a cure for lupus.” Until that day though, there is work to be done. That’s why we are taking action in the fight against lupus. Join us as we participate in Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now™ in Arlington to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you make a donation to help us reach our personal fundraising goal and support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus? A generous contribution of $25 or $55 can make a definite impact. What’s more, if your employer offers a Matching Gift Program to employees, you may be able to double your contribution with just a little bit of paperwork. Trust us, it’s worth the effort! Every single dollar counts.
Will you walk with us?
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women.
- Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
- Lupus is three times more common in African American women than in Caucasian women.
- As many as 1 in 250 African American women will develop lupus.
- Lupus is more common, occurs at a younger age, and is more severe in African Americans.
- It is not known why lupus is more common in African Americans.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!
James 2:18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.